Interesting Facts On Blogging
- They are over 152,000,000 blogs on the internet.
- A new blog is created somewhere in the world every half a second.
- Most people read blogs more than once a day.
- Blogs influence purchases: 21%=Decide on a purchase, 19%=Refine a choice, 19%=Get support/answers, 17%=Discover product/service, 13%=Inspire a purchase.
- Businesses that blog at least 20 times per month (4-5 week), generate 5 times more traffic than those that blog fewer that 4 times per month.
- Companies with over 51 blog articles experience a 77% lift in median monthly leads.
- Morning is most popular time to read blogs: Morning=79%, Afternoon=64%, Evening=51%, Night=40%
- Morning blog reading starts at 7am and peaks at 10am
- Blog comments peaks at 8am
- Blog sharing peaks at 7am
- Businesses that blog at least 20 times per month generate nearly 4 times more leads than those that don’t blog.
- Here is the breakdown for companies that have acquired leads through their internet marketing strategy: 57% Blog, 57% Linkedin, 48% Faceboook, 42% Twitter.
- Here is the average % cost per lead via various marketing strategies: Tradeshows=47%, Direct Mail=27%, Telemarketing=21%, SEO=13%, Blogging=9%
- US Internet users spend 3 times more minutes on blogs & social network than they do on emails: Email=8%, Blog/Social Network=24%
- Blogs have influence. Surveys suggest that lots of internet users prefer reading reviews published on blogs before making a purchase.
- You don’t need any technical skills to create a blog. If you know how to write an email on the computer, you are good enough to write a blog.
- Websites with a blog have on average 55% more website visitors, 97% more inbound links, 434% more indexed pages.
- You’ll find an audience if you write what you’re passionate about.